What IF? Competition
Terms and Conditions and Entry Requirements
Please read these carefully before entering the competition
1. Competition can be entered on Twitter, or by email, using #WhatIfWeAreAPuzzle as a reference, before the competition closes at 8pm on Friday 23 March 2018.
2. To enter on Twitter, simply follow @RavensburgerPC and tweet a funny or whacky photo of you and up to three of your friends and/or family members, using #WhatIfWeAreAPuzzle. To qualify to enter on Twitter, you must follow @RavensburgerPC.
3. To enter by email, simply send a funny or whacky photo of you and up to three of your friends and/or family members to email@example.com using #WhatIfWeAreAPuzzle as reference.
4. Photo must show a minimum of two and a maximum of four people of any age/gender.
5. The photo entered must clearly show every member of your group, and can be humorous or themed around any family-friendly subject or scene of your choice.
6. All entrant’s faces must be clearly visible and must not be obscured or hidden in any way.
7. Photos showing obscene, violent, nude, disturbing or distasteful images will be immediately void, disregarded and not considered. Photos submitted must be appropriate for viewing by audiences of any age, gender or background and not cause offence.
8. Entrants may enter multiple times with multiple photos, but each photo may only be entered once. Additional entries of the same photo will not be valid.
9. Only entrants into the competition must be shown in the photo submitted (no additional/other people shown in the background) and all people shown must willingly participate and individually agree to competition terms and conditions.
10. If you upload a photo on Twitter @RavensburgerPC or email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org using #WhatIfWeAreAPuzzle, it is automatically assumed you and everyone pictured in the photo, agree to terms and conditions as stipulated herein.
11. The winning photo will be chosen at random. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Please be informed that photos sent to Ravensburger Ltd via email will be deleted after the close of the competition, and will not be used for any other purpose.
13. Please note that photos uploaded on Twitter by entrants cannot be deleted by Ravensburger Ltd, and may remain online without limitation. For further details regarding the storage and deletion of your photos on Twitter after the close of the competition, please refer to Twitter’s policies and guidelines.
14. Any photos tweeted or emailed to Ravensburger Ltd with the reference #WhatIfWeAreAPuzzle, will only be used by Ravensburger Ltd to determine the winners of the What IF? competition. Additional photos will be required from the winners after the close of the competition, which must be arranged in accordance with the direction of the artist. These photos will be used to create the final jigsaw puzzle image illustrations.
15. Competition opens on Twitter @RavensburgerPC at 10am Monday 5 March 2018, and closes at 8pm Friday 23 March 2018. Email entries can be sent anytime between competition launch and closing dates. Emails and tweets received before and after the competition open period will not be valid.
16. Winners will be announced on Twitter @RavensburgerPC on Monday 26 March 2018.
17. Ravensburger Ltd will contact the winners directly to obtain written consent of all persons depicted in the model photo, to create a jigsaw puzzle image for the purpose of mass production, without receiving any remuneration.
18. The competition prize includes the winning group winning the opportunity to be drawn into the next What IF? Challenge-Quiz-Show-Style 1000-piece puzzle, which will launch in January 2019. Each member of the winning group will receive a copy of the final 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle, once produced, as a prize. Additionally, the winning group will collectively win the original puzzle artworks.
19. The final puzzle scene and jigsaw title will be determined by the artist and Ravensburger Ltd.
20. The winning group participants must be willing to make available full-colour high-resolution photos of themselves in various poses as requested and instructed by the artist, for the sole purpose of drawing the winners’ likeness into the final jigsaw puzzle artwork. Required photos may need to include head and/or full body photos, and must be emailed to Ravensburger Ltd no later than 12pm on 20 April 2018. Failure by the winners to submit the required photos by the deadline, will result in the winners forfeiting their prize and a substitute winner will be chosen in their place.
21. Full guidance and instructions about reference photos for the puzzle images will be provided by the artist and given to the winners. Posed photos can be supplied as digital photos or digital scans of printed photos.
22. Where winners do not already have photos available in the exact poses required by the artist to draw into the jigsaw puzzle artwork, photos taken by the winners themselves on a smartphone or digital camera with a minimum of 8-megapixel capability, will be acceptable. Winners must be willing to arrange to have such photos taken at no expense or cost to Ravensburger Ltd or the artist. These photos need not be done by a professional photographer, and good quality photos taken by the winners themselves will be accepted, given that the photos are in focus, the winners’ faces and required poses are clearly visible and nothing is blurred or obscured in any way.
23. Puzzle artwork will be hand-drawn in the artist’s signature cartoon-style and completed no later than 31 July 2018. Winners will have no influence and/or give no direction on the artwork style, layout or composition.
24. Winners will surrender to Ravensburger Ltd, including all entities of the Ravensburger Group, as well as appointed third parties, full rights to use their likeness on the jigsaw puzzle artwork, in any way that Ravensburger Ltd and the artist see fit to do, at no cost, indemnity or liability to Ravensburger Ltd and/or the entities of the Ravensburger Group and/or the artist in any way.
25. Winners will have no financial or monetary claim on Ravensburger Ltd and/or the entities of the Ravensburger Group and/or the artist in exchange for the use of their likeness to the benefit of the puzzle artwork.
26. The competition prize has no monetary alternative and cannot be refunded, exchanged or altered in any way.